- Location: 166 km from Fortaleza
- Population: about 4000 inhabitants
- Regional calling code : 88
(International: +55 88)
- Postal Code (CEP): 62800-000
- Voltage: 220V
The Canoa Quebrada infrastructure has considerably improved in recent years. The main streets are now paved and the center, mainly consisting of the famous Broadway street, has become pedestrian. A footbridge, built above the beach, not only facilitates the movings from one end of Canoa to another, but offers a splendid panoramic view stretching from the mouth of the river Jaguaribe until the dune of Ponta Grossa, that are about 60 km of beaches.
Canoa Quebrada has 2 schools, 1 health care center, 1 post office, 4 public squares, 20 public phones, 4 churches, 2 soccer fields, 1 public library, 1 interurban bus line, 1 alternative transport association (vans), 1 sand buggy drivers association, 1 bosses of small firms of Canoa Quebrada association , 1 police station, 1 representation of the prefecture, 2 Internet Wi-Fi connection suppliers, several cyber-cafés and is covered by 4 cellular phone providers.
Canoa Quebrada has electronic cash desks of the Banco do Brasil and Bradesco accepting international cards; it is located in front of the post office, at the entrance of the pousada Latitude (Broadway).
For further transactions, you have to go to the nearest town, Aracati, where you' find representation of: Banco do Brasil, Bradesco, Banco do Nordeste e Caixa Econômica Federal.
The majority of hotels, pousadas and restaurants accept credit cards. However, it is safer to check when arriving.
- Super-markets: the 2 main are the Mini Box and Lafaiete plus several smaller mini-markets.
- 1 pharmacy.
- Change : Several pousadas change des US dollars or Euros.
- 7 ou 8 cyber-cafés situés au centre et dans les rues adjacentes.
- There is a gas station at the entrance of the road to Canoa Quebrada.
- Canoa Quebrada has several craft, jewelry and souvenirs shops.
Useful Phone Numbers :
- Community Council - Tel: (88) 3421-7414
- ASDECQ - Local Businesses Association - Tel: (88) 3421-7387
- Taxi Canoa Quebrada - Tel: (88) 96142137 / (88) 99643698
- Sand Buggy Drivers Association- Tel: (88) 34217175
- Police station - Tel: (88) 34217245 / (88) 99647335
- Pharmacy Sena - Tel: (88) 3421-7410 (88) 3421-1612
- Mini Box (super-market) - Tel: (88) 34217005
- Post Office - Tel: (88) 34217245
- Vans to Aracati (ATACQ) - Tel: (88)9961- 4666 (88) 3421-7249
- São Benedito Bus Company- Tel: (88) 34212020 - Aracacti
- Guanabara Bus Company - Tel: (88) 34211385 - Aracati
- Nordeste Bus Company - Tel: (88) 34211440 - Aracati